Last year, the information provider ProQuest decided to discontinue its "Illustrata Technology" and "Illustrata Natural Science" databases. Unfortunately, this represents a preliminary end to ProQuest’s long-year investment into deep indexing content.
In a corresponding support article ProQuest states that there "[…] will be no loss of full text and full text + graphics images because of the removal of Deep Indexed content". In addition, they announce to "[…] develop an even better way for researchers to discover images, figures, tables, and other relevant visual materials related to their research tasks".
The MPG.ReNa records for ProQuest Illustrata: Technology and ProQuest Illustrata: Natural Science have been marked as "terminating" and will be deactivated soon.
Last year the information provider ProQuest released a new user interface which brings together reference databases and full text resources which were previously spread over various platforms (CSA Illumina, Chadwyck-Healey, ProQuest).
The new platform is now ready to use via http://search.proquest.com/.
Please note that we will start to redirect the relevant entry points to the new platform next week. We also recommend to update all local links and bookmarks as soon as possible.
For more information on using ProQuest, please consult your local MPI librarian or send your questions to the colleagues in the IVS-BM. Some online workshops featuring the new platform are now available, as well as a series of training videos created by the ProQuest team.
This is the list of the databases which have been migrated so far:
- Aerospace Database (1962 – current)
- AIDS and Cancer Research Abstracts (1982 – current)
- Applied Social Sciences Index and Abstracts (1987 – current)
- Aqualine (1960 – current)
- ASFA: Aquatic Sciences and Fisheries Abstracts (1971 – current)
- Biological Sciences (1971 – current)
- Computer and Information Systems Abstracts (1981 – current)
- Electronics & Communications Abstracts (1981 – current)
- Environmental Impact Statements (1985 – current)
- Environmental Science and Pollution Management (1967 – current)
- ERIC (1966 – current)
- GeoRef (1693 – current)
- International Bibliography of Art (IBA) (1973 – current)
- Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts (1973 – current)
- Materials Research Database (1965 – current)
- Meteorological & Geoastrophysical Abstracts (1974 – current)
- MLA International Bibliography (1926 – current)
- PAIS (1914 – current)
- Philosopher’s Index (1940 – current)
- Physical Education Index (1970 – current)
- PILOTS (1871 – current)
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses (PQDT) (1639 – current)
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers
- ProQuest Illustrata: Natural Sciences
- ProQuest Illustrata: Technology
- Social Services Abstracts (1979 – current)
- Sociological Abstracts (1952 – current)
- Solid State and Superconductivity Abstracts (1981 – current)
- Zoological Record (1978 – 2012)